Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sticky Notes

Today I went to church to pick Emilee up from Preschool. While we were there, I thought I would fulfill my wifely duty of scheduling hubby’s appointment with Father, for his RCIA program. I went to the lady whom hubby said I needed to call (I was onsite, seemed silly to call from home), and she said I needed to go to the office, and schedule with someone else, so I did. I waited in line patiently, as she was already seeing someone who works there. I would hope that if I were waiting to see her, it would be because she is discussing work/church things. They were discussing tough love that the lady was applying to whom I am assuming is her daughter. Don’t really know. Anywho, I finally get in there, and tell her who I am and why I am there. She tells me they have an appt for next Wed at 4pm, I try to get something later in the day, but they don’t have anything until the end of the month, and even then it is only at 5pm. Sorry, honey, gotta take it next week. Before I leave I confirm the date and time, and as I see some sticky notes, ask her if she minds if I write it all down so I don’t forget. She glances over her glasses and says, condescendingly of course, “Are you serious?”
Yes, yes I am serious. Of course I am serious. What does she think? I tell her I have a lot to remember, and wouldn’t want hubby to miss his appointment. Just today I am thinking about: Preschool, teething, diaper rash, earaches and frequency of, tired of at least one kid being sick for last 3 months, work for 3 clients, tax season clients and personal tax return, birthday of Mother/her twin, niece’s birthday, 2 bro-in-law birthdays, church class tonight, hubby’s scout commitment, voting, headaches and frequency, new camera, daycare, vacation, house cleaning, laundry, pool repairs, hubby’s lunch hour, spilled coffee, plates for Valentines party next week, Valentines in general, remodeling kitchen… etc. Do you really think it is a big deal that I ask for 1 little sticky note to write out an appointment? Now, I realize that we aren’t supposed to judge (especially at CHURCH!!), but, c’mon, SHE STARTED IT!

No comments: