Thursday, February 7, 2008

Headaches... again...

OK, so I am really tired of headaches. I get them every month, and have been for about 5 years now. The reason I started seeing a chiropractor in Anchorage was because I wanted to have Emilee, but couldn't do the meds for migraines.

Anywho, I have been doing a little bit of reading on headaches. I have been taking Tylenol, but finally threw it all out because it didn't do enough for me. I have ibuprofen now, and that helps a pinch more. Typically, once they start, they are here or 2-3 days. Sleeping can help but only because I am asleep, not because they go away when I wake up. I did buy some Excedrin Migraine recently.

WHO-BOY! So, I thought I escaped the headaches this month, but I was mistaken. On Tues morning, when Joe was up at the crack of dawn, he asked how I felt. At that time I felt fine. An hour later when it was time for me to get up, I DID have a headache. I followed the directions, took Excedrin, and started the day. What would otherwise have been a doozy of a headache, didn't materialize at all. Joe asked again at lunchtime how I was, and I told him my head was fine. My heart, on the other hand, was alive and well. I asked what my heartrate SHOULD be, because it was beating fast. I had to make sure I was eating so that I didn't feel lightheaded from the meds. All in all, it wasn't a bad episode this time, and I kept myself busy enough with a racing heart that I got alot done! I am going to continue watching the headaches and seeing what I need to do to keep everything at bay.

One day at a time.

No comments: