Friday, April 18, 2008

Reviewing the past

I was cleaning off the bookcase the other day, and getting rid of books we don't, or aren't going to read. Came across The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy, Daily Diary. I flip it open, and can see where I have written dates from my pregnancy with Jonathan.

During the first trimester, 236 days to go, my entry reads:

"Had a late night with class. Brought home 2 home pregnancy tests. The first was a disaster. The second was better, thanks in part to a shot glass. POSITIVE! Ran to the store for another test. POSITIVE!" The next day refers to the trip to the hospital on base for a blood test, and reading the following day. "PREGNANT! Joe called about 20 minutes after I found out, he was so excited."

I would never have remembered the part with the shot glass (!!), I guess diaries are good for some things. Maybe some things are better forgotten, though?

While I won't be keeping the book, it is fun to review those entries. I won't be keeping it simply because those are the ONLY entries I ever put in there! The girls? They didn't even get a book....

No comments: